Naviance is a web-based tool that Wheaton Warrenville South students can use as a resource during the post-high school planning process. Students can find possible colleges and create a college list by using the SuperMatch college search or college match links under the College Tab. If students are interested in finding a career they can check out the cluster finder or career interest profiles under the Careers Tab. Naviance is also the best local resource for scholarship opportunities, these are listed under the College Tab. Our school also uses Naviance to send out transcripts electronically to colleges during Senior year. To log in students will just use their school log-in information.
**USE THE CLEVER BUTTON TO LOGIN TO YOUR NAVIANCE ACCOUNT**
Information for Seniors
You MUST list colleges to which you are applying
- Click the colleges tab (top rights)
- Click colleges I'm applying to tab
- Click the red "+" in the upper right to add colleges
- Please enter ALL colleges to which you are applying
If you are using the Common Application
- If you are completing a Common Application, you must complete the FERPA section on your Common App account. It is under the recommender section labeled FERPA; then match Common App and Naviance on your Naviance page, on the colleges I'm applying to tab.
Requesting Letters of Recommendation from a Teacher
Once your teacher agrees to write a letter:
- Click on the "Colleges" tab
- "Apply to Colleges" > "Letters of Recommendation"
- Click on "Add Request"
- Select a teacher
- Check which colleges you want that teacher to add a Letter of Recommendation
- For part 3, add any information and thank the teacher.
Requesting Letters of Recommendation from your Counselor
You do not need to request your counselor on Naviance if they need to write you a letter of rec.