Voice Mail: 630-784-7200 (ex 8656)
Online Grades and Resources:
Student grades are posted on Synergy. Assignments, handouts, unit reviews, and other resources are posted on Google Classroom.
*All writing is submitted through turnitin.com
Develop proficiency in the organization and delivery of speeches, group interaction, one-on-one communication, persuasive techniques, research, and recognize coercive strategies used by commercial media.
- How to deliver a speech; presentation organization
- Communication between two people: listening, verbal and non-verbal messages in specific context; differences in male/female communication
- Finding information, organization, MLA citation skills
- Elements of working in a small group
Media and Mass Communication
- Strategies of commercial persuasion, effects and consequences of media intrusion
Grades will be based on speeches, presentations, classwork, tests, quizzes, and papers
I am available for assistance most mornings (except Wednesdays) in room G183, from 6:40 until 7:15, during 4th hour lunch, 5th hour planning, 8th hour study hall, and after school by appointment.