Duties of OfficersThe President Shall:
**(The presidency can also be shared by two persons serving as “Co-Presidents”).The Vice President(s) shall:
- Shall preside at all meetings, the executive board, and the executive committee;
- Sign all legal documents, including contracts;
- Appoint members to special committees;
- Be responsible for other duties as may be assigned to him by the organization;
- delegate work of the association to other officers or chairpersons as may be appropriate;
- coordinate the work of the officers and committees in order that the Objects/Purposes may be promoted;
- Have completed the Illinois President’s Course before election or within six (6) months of election. (This is a few hour course that is not difficult).
The Secretary shall:
- act as aide(s) to the president;
- in their designated order perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of that officer to serve;
- plan and Organize the Welcome Night for us it is the “Ice Cream Social” and "Pancake Breakfast";
- assign and be in charge of Room Parents, and perform other such duties as may be delegated.
The Treasurer shall:
- record the minutes of all meetings;
- have a current membership list;
- have a current copy of the bylaws;
- conduct correspondence of the association as directed; and
- perform other such duties as may be delegated.
- receive all monies of the association and keep an accurate record of receipts and
- place all monies in a depository approved by the executive board;
- Pay out funds in accordance with the budget as approved by the membership; Checks must be signed by the treasurer and one other elected officer;
- Present a written financial statement at every meeting of the association and at other times as requested by the executive board;
- Be responsible for the remittance of the state and national portion of the dues paid by each member;
- Provide the checkbook, all bank statements, canceled and voided checks, deposit slips, treasurer’s record book and receipt book, vouchers and invoices for all disbursements to the audit committee;
- Be responsible for completion and filing of appropriate forms as may be required by Internal Revenue Service Regulations no later than the date established by the regulations;
- Not be a member of the audit committee;
- Complete an official Illinois PTA workshop.
Last Modified on August 4, 2019