• New to District 200 

    Thank you for choosing District 200. Entering a new student in District 200 involves an overall two-step process; enrollment and then registration.
    First, you will need to determine the school your child will attend based on our Attendance Map.

    Next, you will visit the school your child will attend with the documentation described below. Once all required documents and forms are received and verified, school staff will create a record for the student in the District 200 student management system.

    Once the enrollment process is finalized, school staff will provide parents with the necessary information so the student can be registered. The registration process involves parents accessing online Student Registration and Fee Payment. The online Student Registration and Fee Payment provides the ability to fill out all necessary registration information and pay any applicable registration fees.
    Kindergarten enrollment and registration begins in the winter of the prior school year. Visit the Kindergarten Enrollment & Registration section for more information about registering your kindergartner. 


    Please note - elementary school offices are closed during the summer and reopen the first week of August. High school and middle school offices are open year-round.   



    Per Board Policy, a dependent of United States military personnel who is housed in temporary housing located outside of District 200 boundaries may enroll if the dependent will be living within district boundaries within 6 months after the time of initial enrollment and the military personnel seeking to enroll the dependent under this exception provides proof that the dependent will be living within the boundaries of the District within 6 months.

    Military Personnel Enrolling a Student for the First Time in the District.

    Must provide one of the following within six months after the date of student's initial enrollment): 

    • Postmarked mail addressed to military personnel 
    • Lease agreement for occupancy 
    • Proof of ownership of residence 


    Military Personnel with Legal Custody of a Child Who Want(s) to Keep the Child Enrolled in the District Despite Having Changed Residence Due to a Military Service Obligation

    Upon submitting a written request, the student's residence will be deemed to be unchanged for the duration of the custodian's military service obligation.  The District, however, is not responsible for the student's transportation to or from school. 

    Military Personnel Placing Nonresident Child with Non-Custodial Parent While on Active Military Duty 

    A student will not be charged tuition while he or she is placed with a non-custodial parent (a person who has temporary custody of a child of active duty military personnel and who is responsible for making decisions for the child).  Must provide any "special power of attorney" created by the student's parent/guardian for the District to follow.  A special power of attorney authorizes:  (1) the student to enroll in a district of the non-custodial parent, and (2) the non-custodial parent to make decisions for the student.  Any special power of attorney will be filed in the student's temporary record. 


    Students enrolling in District 200 for the first time must present:


    • Birth Certificate - Parents/guardians must show an original, certified birth certificate. Copies are not accepted.


    • Proof of Residency
      • CATEGORY 1:  One from the list below:  
        • Most recent property tax bill
        • Mortgage agreement (or Deed of Trust) 
        • Signed and dated Lease Agreement evidencing residency during the school year 
        • Pending property sales agreement (please contact the Business Office at 630-682-2005)


      • CATEGORY 2:  Two from the list below (must evidence D200 residency):
        • Current homeowner's/renter's insurance policy
        • Driver's license 
        • Voter registration card 
        • Current bank statement or pay stub
        • Current checking or savings account statement 
        • Current credit card statement
        • Current Public Aid Card 
        • Current utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable, landline telephone) 


    Should there be any difficulties providing requested residency documentation, please contact your school office directly to discuss your individual situation.

    WARNING: If a student is determined to be a nonresident of the District for whom tuition must be charged, the persons enrolling the student are liable for nonresident tuition from the date the student began attending a District school as a nonresident.

    A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in this School District on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a nonresident of the district is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law. 105 LCS 5/10-20.12b(e).

    A person who knowingly or willfully presents to the School District any false information regarding the residency of a student for the purpose of enabling that student to attend any school in that district without the payment of a nonresident tuition charge is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor. 105 LCS 5/10-20.12b(f).


    • Additional Forms - Please print and complete the forms below:
      New Student Enrollment Form
      Home Language Survey Form 

    • Health Requirements - Please also note our health requirements.  
    • Transfer of School Records - Parents should request the transfer of school records if their child has attended school in another district. Record transfer forms are available in all schools and should be completed early so that the student's records will arrive in the new school with ample time for staff review prior to the student's arrival. If the student currently attends an Illinois public school, the records will include a form indicating if the student is in good standing.