Throughout 2010-11, the Educational Services Department conducted an extensive study and survey to propose homework recommendations to the Board of Education. Below you will see the final recommendations to the Board of Education.
• Homework expectations will be clearly communicated to students and parents.
• Homework will have an identified purpose.
• Homework will support, but never replace, classroom instruction.
• Homework experiences will provide opportunities for independent student practice.
• Most homework assignments will be recognized by the teacher through the assignment of grades, written feedback or verbal feedback.
• Homework assignments will not include group projects unless time is given in class to coordinate and complete the assignments.
• Homework completion issues will be addressed by the teacher and, if necessary, interventions will be provided to support the completion of homework assignments.
Last Modified on July 5, 2012