October 5, 2018
What we learned this week
We used a graphic organizer to compare and contrast two folktales. We will also talked about the moral of the story. We read The Boy Who Cried Wolf and the students wrote what they thought the moral of the story was. We read a Scholastic News, called, Rotten Science.
We will continue our opinion writing unit. We are also enjoying making our own books and sharing them with the class.
We finished our unit on word problems. We started a unit on 2-D and 3-D shapes. We will discuss the vocabulary words: angles, sides, hexagon, pentagon, triangles, rectangle, square, cube, face, and edges.
We did an assesment on landforms and talked about how the Earth’s surface changes. We did an investigation with sand, rocks and soil. They did a great job working together!
Dates to remember
- 10/8 No School- Columbus Da
- The reading log is due on Tuesday. Please sign it.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences10/9 and 10/11
- Book Fair 10/9-10/12
- My class will go to the book fair on Wednesday 1:30-2:00. You can come shop with us, send in money or they will just look.
- Bring items to “stuff a truck: food drive
Message from the teacher
- Homework planners need to be in the green folders everyday. This is where we write down homework and what is needed for the next day.
- Sign up for Seesaw to see pictures and videos of your child at school.
- Celebrate with your child by praising them each time they come home with an Eagle Award!!
Try some of the card games on Mrs. Farrell’s website. Look at the link below to log on.They are fun and a great way to spend time together and learn at the same time.
Mrs. Farrell, our math coach, has updated her Google Site to include some additional resources for parents and students to use at home. Click on the link below to check out a new website to visit, an app to download, a new activity to try, and an important vocabulary word that we use when solving subtraction problems. Her Google Site can also be found on her classroom page on the school website.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me at: