Military-Connected Student Reporting
School districts are required by the State of Illinois to collect Military-Connected student data as part of the Every Student Succeeds ACT (ESSA). Collecting this data is a required part of registering your child(ren) for the new school year.
In order to fulfill that requirement, we ask all parents to please fill out the required Military-Connected student data by selecting Yes or No under the Student Info tab in ParentVUE.
Listed below are the details regarding a student identified as a Military-Connected Student.
Identifies a student who, at any time during the current enrollment, has at least one Parent or Legal Guardian who is a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard and is full-time duty in the active military service of the United States.
Such term includes full-time training duty, annual training duty, and attendance, while in the active military service, at a school designated as a service school by law
- or by the Secretary of the Military Department
- or is considered Full-time National Guard duty which is training
- or other duty, other than inactive duty, performed by a member of the Army National Guard of the United States
- or the Air National Guard of the United States in the member’s status as a member of the National Guard of a State or territory, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
- or the District of Columbia under section 316, 502, 503, 504, or 505 of title 32 for which the member is entitled to pay from the United States
- or for which the member has waived pay from the United States