Frontline - Substitute Placement System
The district uses an absent management and substitute placement system called Frontline - Absence Management. Frontline-Absence Management is an automated system that helps guest employees find assignments 24 hours a day 7 days a week via internet or telephone.How do I access the Frontline system?
All guest employees must create a Frontline ID. To see the instructions as to how to create your Frontline ID, click here.
· Internet Access:
To log in to Frontline go to http://www.frontlinek12.com/Products/Aesop.html
Guest employees can still access Frontline through telephone access. You will have to use a different ID and pin through the phone system.
Call Aesop toll-free at 1.800.942.3767ID: phone number Pin: Frontline generated pinHow do I use Frontline?
To help guest employees (substitutes) become more familiar with the Frontline system, there is a learning center available. This learning center is full of training materials, articles, videos and guides that are dedicated to each user. The best place to begin in the learning center is by clicking on the “Getting Started” icon right in the middle of the main page.
Additional Information for Substitutes (Guest Employees)
Pay Tiers for Daily Guest Teachers:
30 – 59 days
60 + days
Permanent Guest Teacher – Full Day - $90.00
Long-Term Guest Teacher - Full Day - $115.00; Half Day - $57.50
* Please see the section entitled “Explanation of Long Term Substitution”.
Combined am and pm assignments will be paid at the appropriate daily rate.
Long-term assignments are defined as: Regular guest teacher – 15 or more consecutive days
Guest Teaching Assistants - $10.25/hr.
In order to maintain an active pool of substitutes, the district requires a minimum of 10 days worked over the course of the school year to maintain an active profile as a guest employee.
Each year the school district provides workplace training for our different employee groups. CUSD200 uses an Internet based training tutorial called Global Compliance Network to educate guest employees on a variety of topics. These training experiences are important because we are required by the State of Illinois to provide employees with basic training information about maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and students.
· Call times: Aesop will call to offer assignments from 5:30am – 12:00pm for the current day and from 5:30pm – 10:00pm for jobs available for the next two days (unless a guest employee modifies their call times). However, you do not need to wait for a phone call for an assignment. You can view available jobs on-line up to 30 days in advance.
· Building Assignments: Unless a guest employee modifies their preferred schools, Aesop will be contacting them for various assignments throughout the district.
· Days you are unavailable: A guest employee can schedule a non-work day for days that they are are not available to work. This should be done via the website by clicking the Non Work Day tab. Aesop will not call you for jobs on days entered as non work days.
· On-line: A guest employee can view available jobs online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and pre-select assignments.
· Telephone: A guest employee can call in to see what jobs are available. Also, the system will call out to them, during designated call times, when assignments become available.
· Pre-arranged: Building secretaries and employees are able to pre-arrange guest employees for their absences. When a guest employee’s assignment is prearranged, they are notified via email and a phone call. The assignment also shows up under the Scheduled Jobs tab in your Aesop profile.
Once a guest employee has accepted an assignment, they will not see other available jobs for that day. The exception to this would be if they are only assigned for a half day. If they are assigned for a half day, Aesop will show them available for half day assignments to fill their day.
Changes in Assignments:
Aesop will email a guest employee if there is a change or cancellation in a scheduled assignment.
Canceling an Assignment:
In the event a guest employee must cancel an assignment, they must do so no later than 2 hours prior to the scheduled reporting time. If they cannot meet this deadline, they must contact the school directly to have their name removed from the assignment. If a guest employee cancels an assignment, Aesop will not allow them to be assigned to another job, whether it is filled or not.
Updating Contact Information:
Guest employees may only update their phone number in Aesop. Please contact Debbie Yaun at Deborah.Yaun@cusd200.org regarding all other changes (address, name, etc.)Licensure
Guest teachers must possess a valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or a Substitute License registered with the DuPage County Regional Office of Education. Individuals with a Substitute License will participate in a mandatory substitute training by the district prior to a classroom assignment. Substitute aides must possess an valid Illinois Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) registered with the DuPage County Regional Office of Education. If you have any questions regarding license requirements, please contact the DuPage County Regional Office of Education at 630-407-5800.
If you are interested in subbing for our District, please fill out our online application by clicking HERE. As our substitute (guest employee) needs change, we will contact you to schedule an interview.Guest Employee HandbookThe following 2018-2019 Guest Employee Handbook will provide substitutes in District 200 with all the pertinent information related to your substitute experience. Should you have additional questions, please contact Human Resources at 630-682-2404. Guest Employee Handbook 2019-2020Removal from Substitute Roster
To remove your name from the current active guest employee roster, please complete the Notice of Separation form. For the Notice of Separation form click here. Please email the completed form to email@example.com.