- Outdoor supervision starts at 9:00 AM. Students should not arrive at school before 9:00 AM.
- The only adult supervision after school is at the pick-up lanes and bus supervision.
- Students should not remain on school property after school unless properly supervised by their own parents/guardians.
Walking Students Should:
1.Use sidewalks wherever provided. Never cut through a neighbor’s yard or jump over a fence.
- Walk on the grass, gravel or shoulder facing traffic when no sidewalk exists. Do not walk more than 2 across.
- Walk with others. There is safety in numbers.
- Cross only at crosswalks and corners
- Cross Jewell Road with the Crossing Guard’s assistance only.
We have adult crossing guards before and after school at the following crossings:
- Jewell and Woodlawn
- Jewell and Herrick
- Jewell and Electric (south side only)
- Jewell and Pleasant Hill (south side only)
NOTE: There are no patrols or adult crossing guards working during the lunch hour.
- Follow the directions of the student Safety Patrols.
- Walk defensively and be aware of cars.
- Be cautious when crossing the front U-drive of the school.
- Be very careful when going to the car. Never walk between the rows of parked cars.
- Do not play with anything on the way to school that could distract from paying attention to cars and crossing streets safely.
- Skateboards should not be ridden or brought to school. This also applies to roller skates and/or roller blades, hoverboards & scooters.
Last Modified on September 27, 2018