While schools are closed in the State of Illinois, please consider the following about social distancing provided by the Center for Disease Control and the DuPage County Health Department:
Social Distancing is a very drastic measure, and for it to be effective and not anxiety-producing for our students, we ask that you take the following actions with your students and families based on recommendations by the CDC and the DuPage County Health Department:
- Avoid gathering in public places - especially in close proximity to others.
- Avoid close contact with those that are sick.
- Try to keep 6-10 feet between yourself and others - give yourself space.
- Be at home as much as possible.
- Try to limit who you and your children interact with to the same people you typically are around.
Kids and families should not:
- Be gathering in large groups - this is a time to be close with those that are closest to you.
- Be visiting each other’s homes or having sleepovers.
- Sharing food or drink.
- Competing in team sporting activities - use this time to train individually or with someone in the home.
Kids and families should:
- Avoid excessive media coverage of COVID-19
- Take care of their body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, and get plenty of sleep.
- Make time to unwind and remind yourself that strong feelings will fade. Try to do some other activities you enjoy to return to your normal life.
- Spend time outside - fresh air and exercise is one of the best things you can do over the next few weeks.
- Share your concerns and how you are feeling with friends or family members. Maintain healthy relationships.
- Use your technology and social media for good purposes - support one another and show that you care for one another.
- Maintain a sense of hope and positive thinking.