Food Service 2020-21
Food Service Update
There will be no food service over Spring Break (3/29 - 4/2). However, students can access 5 days worth of meals to be consumed over the Spring Break Meal on Friday, March 26 from 2:30 - 4: 30 p.m. at Wheaton North (Door 1) and Wheaton Warrenville South (Door 43). Distribution will resume on Monday, April 5 as usual. As a reminder, food service is available for any child (18 and under) at no cost.
Middle School and High School Students Attending In-Person
On days students attend school in-person, students can take a grab and go lunch at school. For food service on the days students are not in school, the following will take place after school on in-person days:
· Cohort A students will receive a meal bag on Monday for Tuesday and Wednesday (breakfast and lunch) and Thursday (breakfast), all to be consumed at home.
· Cohort A students will receive a meal bag on Thursday for Friday (breakfast and lunch) and Monday (breakfast), all to be consumed at home.
· Cohort B students will receive a meal bag on Tuesday for Wednesday and Thursday (breakfast and lunch) and Friday (breakfast), all to be consumed at home.
· Cohort B students will receive a meal bag on Friday for Monday (breakfast and lunch) and Tuesday (breakfast), all to be consumed at home
Virtual Academy and Students in Quarantine
Meals will be distributed on Mondays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. at Wheaton North and Wheaton Warrenville South High Schools at Door #1. **Please note the time and location changes.** Meal bags will consist of multiple days’ worth of meals as stated below; options to get fewer meals in a bag are not available at this time. If you are quarantining, please do NOT come to the school to access food. Any family member or neighbor may access food for you or your child(ren)
· On Mondays, students or parents/guardians can pick up six (6) meals (breakfasts and lunches, intended for consumption on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday).
· On Thursdays, students or parents/guardians can pick up four (4) meals (breakfasts and lunches intended for consumption on Friday and Monday).
Food Service Reminders
The USDA has extended waivers that will allow schools to serve free meals to all children ages 18 and younger through the end of the school year.
All elementary students participating in the in-person learning experience will continue with the same food service plan, having the opportunity to receive breakfast and lunch from school. Students who choose to take meals will continue to be given a meal bag as they exit the school at 1:00 p.m. each day. The bag consists of lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following morning so that meals can be eaten at home.
Click here for information about Mobile Food Pantries.