WWPTA Council Facebook Group Guidelines
Purpose: The purpose of our Facebook group is to provide an online community for CUSD 200 PTA, Booster Club, and Student Excellence Foundation Presidents and the WWPTA Council Executive Committee. The group is not for students, and we ask that no content be posted by children.
Goal: Our goal is to:
- provide a forum for collaboration among PTA, Booster Club, and Student Excellence Foundation Presidents and the WWPTA Council Executive Committee;
- share information and tips;
- update the community on events and programs; and
- showcase the achievements of students, teachers, parents, and other community members.
- Ask questions, respond, and share information.
- Keep discussions positive and focused on our school community.
- Constructively raise issues for discussion, and share ideas for PTA activities or goals.
- Highlight our community’s accomplishments and supporters.
- Post articles about education and our community.
- Post information about opportunities for students.
- Use language appropriate for a caring and respectful community.
- Post your photos of your children.
- Respect other parents’ wishes regarding pictures of their children. [Any parent may request removal by WWPTA Council Facebook Administrator(s) of photos featuring their children. If the child is under the age of thirteen (13), the parent may also send a request to Facebook for the removal of the images.]
- Ensure that the group’s privacy settings are set to “Closed” or “Secret”, so that Facebook users outside the group cannot see posts by group members.
- Remember that your posts are visible to all members of the group.
Please do not:
- Do not engage in cyberbullying of any kind, including insulting, targeting, or excluding any individuals, including but not limited to school board officials, school administrators, teachers, PTA members, students, parents, or other individuals affiliated with or connected to the school.
- Do not put down individuals or other organizations.
- Do not discriminate in any way.
- Do not post about concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents.
- Do not make any inflammatory statements or allegations against individuals or organizations. Threats of physical or verbal abuse will be reported to the authorities, and the offender may be removed or blocked from the group.
- Do not post confidential information, such as student grades, disciplinary proceedings, health conditions, personal family matters, or anything else that would generally be considered personal or private.
- Do not post school location information that could pose a risk to students.
- Do not advertise goods or services, though you may thank partners and contributors.
- Do not publish content as your own that has been created by others.
- Do not post pictures that other parents have taken without their express permission.
- The Wheaton-Warrenville PTA Council Executive Committee and its Facebook Administrator(s) reserve the right to delete comments and remove or block users who do not follow the guidelines stated above. The determination of prohibited use or objectionable content is at the sole discretion of the Wheaton-Warrenville PTA Council Executive Committee and its Facebook Administrator(s).
Source: Developed for WWPTAC using PTALink.org template.
Approved by WWPTA Council Members on September 9, 2020.