School psychologists are unique members of the school team with expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior. They collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators and other support personnel to help children succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
School Psychologists may contibute to the success of students by:
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems
- Participating in full case study evaluations to determine eligibility and for special services
- Working with school staff to understand data and plan for evidence-based interventions to improve academic achievement and social-emotional well-being
- Assisting in crisis de-escalation and intervention
- Providing individual or group counseling or intervention services
- Promoting tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community