Student Fee Information
Due to the uncertainty for the start of the school year, we will not begin the fee collection process until September 1, 2020.
District Fee Waiver Application Process
The Board of Education adopted policy 4.140, Waiver of Student Fees, on July 13, 2011. A copy of the policy can be viewed on the District’s website www.cusd200.org, under Board Policies, Section 4.
Parents seeking financial assistance with student fees will be required to complete an application for fee waiver with supporting documentation of family size and income. Supporting documentation will be required at the time of application. Parents are asked to submit their application for fee waiver at their oldest child’s school.
Verification of Total Number of Household Members/Dependents
- Page 1 of Form 1040 - U.S. Income Tax Return; or
- Insurance card listing all family members covered; or
- Signed and notarized affidavit attesting to the number of family members (your school may have a notary on staff- check with your child’s school)
Income Verification (all inclusive)
- Earnings/Wages/Salary for each job
- Unemployment Compensation/Disability/or Worker’s Compensation
- Social Security/Pensions/Retirement/VA Benefits/Strike Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- All Other Income
- If you have no income, you will be required to sign and notarize an affidavit attesting to no income.
The application for fee waiver will not affect the process that is currently in place for students qualifying for free or reduced meals through the National School Lunch Program. After July 10, 2020, you will still need to complete a separate Household Eligibility Application form for free or reduced meals at your student's school.
After July 1, 2020, households of students identified as directly certified by the Illinois State Board of Education will receive a letter notifying them that their student(s) is/are automatically eligible for fee waiver and will not need to apply. These households should receive a separate letter for all children in the household living at the same address. If you do not, please contact your student’s school.
For the 2020-2021 school year, please click on the below links: