DASH Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- All school buses will pick up and drop off on the south side of Liberty.
- No parking zones are as follows: the west side of Knollwood, and both sides of Liberty between Woodlawn and Knollwood.
- For drivers, between the hours of 9:05-9:20 a.m. and 3:20-3:45 p.m., Woodlawn will be used for north bound traffic only.
- Between 9:05-9:20 a.m. and 3:20-3:45 p.m. no cars will be permitted to enter or exit the yellow diagonal parking spaces on Woodlawn in front of the building.
- The north bound, eastern most lane of traffic on Woodlawn is designated as a Kiss & Go Lane for cars dropping off and picking up students.
- At the north end of the Kiss & Go Lane is a designated student loading and unloading zone, the Eagles’ Nest, which is the length of approximately four cars. This unloading zone is marked by yellow, diagonal stripes. The Eagles’ Nest extends from the entrance of the staff parking lot back to the flag pole. For safety reasons students will only be allowed to enter and exit vehicles within the Eagles’ Nest loading and unloading zone. Please note this will require drivers to be patient and wait their turn until reaching the Eagles’ Nest.
- The staff parking lot located off of Woodlawn adjacent to the school will be closed from 9:05-9:20 a.m. and 3:20-3:45 p.m.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicles at all times. Parents should not leave their vehicle in the Kiss & Go Lane for any reason. Students should get themselves and their gear in and out of the car by themselves, always using the passenger side of the vehicle. Please do not get out of your car when picking up or dropping off your student.
- The Eagles’ Nest will be supervised from 9:05-9:15 a.m. and 3:30-3:45 p.m.
Emerson Arrival Procedures
- At 9:05 a.m., cars may begin to line up in the Kiss & Go Lane and drop off students. Please only drop off students who are independent enough to then walk to their designated line up location for their grade. If a student is not able to find the line on their own, please park and walk your child to the appropriate location.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicles at all times. Parents should not leave their vehicle in the Kiss & Go Lane for any reason. Students should get themselves and their gear out of the car by themselves. Please do not get out of your car while dropping off your student. Once your student has exited the car from the passenger’s side, they will proceed down the sidewalk at the rear of the staff parking lot until they reach the back playground. From there they will advance immediately to their grade level’s lineup position.
- For safety reasons, STUDENTS ARE ONLY TO EXIT CARS WITHIN THE EAGLES’ NEST UNLOADING ZONE. * Note: this will require drivers to be patient and wait their turn until reaching the ’Eagles’ Nest’ unloading zone. * Please refrain from exiting the Kiss & Go Lane until your child has been dropped in the Eagles’ Nest. Do not cut the line.
Bus Arrival - Buses will drop off students on Liberty St., near the northeast corner of the building. Students will then walk to their designated lineup location.
- At 9:05, students are to line-up at their designated location for their grade and class. When buses are loading and unloading, please do not use the crosswalk in the bus stop zone.
- Line-Up Location for Entering the Building:
- K/1st grade door 7
- 2nd grade door 10
- 3rd grade door 14
- 4th/5th grade door 18
Emerson Dismissal Procedures
- At 3:20, cars may begin to line up at the start of the Kiss & Go Lane. *When lining up, please pull your car as far forward in the Kiss & Go Lane as possible, no matter which door your child exits. *Students will be instructed to walk down to the ‘Eagles’ Nest’ unloading zone in order to enter their car using the passenger’s side door.
- Students getting picked up by a parent in a car are to exit the following doors:
- Kindergarten, First, & Second Grades exit Door 1
- Third, Fourth, & Fifth Grades exit Door 20.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicles at all times. Parents should not leave their vehicle in the Kiss & Go Lane for any reason. Students should get themselves and their gear in the car by themselves. Please do not get out of your car while picking up your student.
Bus Dismissal - Students taking the bus home will line up and exit at Door 7.
- If you choose to drive to school and meet your child on the back playground, please park on a surrounding street, respectful of the NO PARKING ZONES.
- Students who are walking home or meeting a walking parent on school grounds, are to exit the following doors:
- All kindergarten/first/second grades exit door 10.
- Grade 3 walkers exit door 14.
- Grades 4 and 5 walkers exit door 18.
- Students needing to walk north of the school, are to cross
at the Woodlawn & Liberty intersection and not walk
between or north of buses, which will be on Liberty, east
Last Modified on July 31, 2018