Introducing our Writer's Notebooks
Let the creativity fly! We have decorated our notebooks as a reflection of our self.Check them out!(Pictures at the bottom of this page)
MOTIVATION FOR THE WRITER
Welcome Writers! I hope that on this page you may find motivation to encourage your ability to write. Below are some tips to encourage your writing abilities as well as some inspiration quotes. Read on and happy writing.
- Always start with a positive attitude.
- Keep a journal and write daily about your emotions or experiences.
- Keep a sketch diary, sketch a picture, and then write about it.
- Listen to your favorite song and write about how it makes you feel.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood and write about what you see.
- Keep a collection of all your pieces of writing from big to small.
- Share your writing with someone.
- Listen to and/or read other people's writing for inspiration.
- Start a collection of favorite words you would like to use in your writing.
- Apply personal experiences and/or emotions into your writing.
"If you would be a writer, first be a reader. Only through the assimilation of ideas, thoughts and philosophies can one begin to focus his own ideas, thoughts and philosophies." Allan W. Eckert
"Love the writing, love the writing, love the writing...the rest will follow." Jane Yolen
"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way." Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)
Homer:"Marge, is this a happy ending or a sad ending?" Marge: "It's an ending. That's enough." The Simpsons
"Write about it by day, and dream about it by night." E.B. White
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." Scott Adams
"How do I know what I think, until I see what I say." W.H. Auden
"What I don't write is as important as what I write." Jamaica Kincaid
"The mere habit of writing, of constantly keeping at it, of never giving up, ultimately teaches you how to write." Gabriel Fielding
"I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter." James Michener