HEALTHREQUIREMENTS FOR INCOMING 6TH GRADE STUDENTS
Dear Parent or Guardian,
IllinoisState requires that:
· Students entering schoolfor the first time (preschool, kindergarten, or first grades), students entering sixthand ninth grades, and transferstudents must submit evidence of a physical examination done by a licensedphysician, advanced practice nurse or examining physician assistant and acomplete record of immunizations. Thephysical examination must be dated within one (1) year prior to the first dayof school. The immunization records mustshow proof of immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough,measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella and polio.
- Students in kindergarten, second and sixth grades must submit evidence of a dental examination by May 15th of that school year. Dental exams must be completed within eighteen (18) months prior to May 15th.
- For safety consideration, students who do not have a current physical on file by the first day of school may not be allowed to participate in physical education classes until a physical is received by the Health Office. Per District 200 policy, students who do not meet these requirements will be excluded from school attendance.
New Requirementsfor students entering sixth grade:
· Students who have not already received a Tdap vaccination are requiredto receive one (1) Tdap dose regardless of the interval since the last DTaP, DTor Td dose.
· Students are required to show proof of having received three doses ofthe Hepatitis B vaccine.
· Students are required to show proof of having received two doses of livemumps virus and two doses of live rubella vaccine.
· Students are required to show proof of having received two doses of thevaricella vaccine.
Your student should receive these vaccines withtheir required 6th grade school physical if they do not have proofthat they already received it. Please check with your health care provider todetermine if they were already given and provide the school health office withdocumentation from that office as to the date given.
Students willbe excluded from school if physicals and immunizations are not current byAugust 2014.
Foryour convenience the DuPage County Health Department offers immunizations at areduced cost. Please call (630) 682-7400 for an appointment. Thestudent must live in DuPage County, present a current immunization record, beaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and not have insurance coveragefor immunizations.
Health forms are available for download on thedistrict and school website.
Thankyou for your cooperation.