District 200 offers three medical plans through NIHIP (Northern Illinois Health Insurance Program), dental, and vision coverage options to all qualifying employees.

    Mandatory Notices

     Refer to the CUSD 200 Benefits Summary for the following notices: 
      • HIPPA Special Enrollment Notices

      • WHCRA- Women's Health & Cancer Rights Act

      • HIPAA Privacy Practices Notice

      • Premium Assistance Under Medicaid & the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

    Other Special Notices:


    Community Unit School District 200 complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.

    ATENCIÓN (Spanish): si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-630-682-2021.

    UWAGA (Polish): Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1-630-682-2021.



    (Full version of the Notice:  PPACA Section 1557 Nondiscriminiation Notice)



    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\78BVGXK8\stock-vector-vector-wedding-graphic-bells-15541306[1].jpgLIFE EVENTS AND LOSS OF OTHER INSURANCE COVERAGE  Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KW3TPAU3\6a00e00980200e883300e54fefdd2e8834-800wi[1].jpg


    When you have experienced a life event (marriage, divorce, birth, death or adoption) or experience a loss of your current insurance coverage (job status change, spouse’s termination of coverage…) in most cases you have 30 days from the date of the life event or loss of coverage to make changes to your insurance elections. 


    Contact the Benefits Coordinator for answers to questions regarding your special enrollment options. Call 630.682.2038 or email Jana.Gorman@cusd200.org.


    How to make LIFE EVENT changes: 

    In order to make changes to your insurance coverage whether adding your child or waiving your coverage, you will need to login at: www.benefitsolver.com.  Your username and password are the ones you chose during Open Enrollment. The company key is NIHIP. 

    To add a newborn child, click on the LIFE EVENTS BAR and choose Birth or Adoption link.  Add your child’s name and date of birth.   Click on EACH benefit option and check the “YES” box next to your child’s name to add the child to your plan or check the “NO” box to decline coverage.  Approve your changes.  From the Confirmation box, click the print icon to print a copy of your elections changes. (Only the newborn and spouse are eligible to enroll due to birth of child.)

    To make changes for Marriage, click on the LIFE EVENTS BAR and choose the Marriage link.  Add your spouse’s name and date of birth.   Click on EACH benefit option and check the “YES” box next to your spouse’s name to add tyour spouse to your plans or check the “NO” box to decline coverage.  Approve your changes.  From the Confirmation box, click the print icon to print a copy of your elections changes.


    For other LIFE EVENTS changes, contact the Benefits Coordinator for details on making changes.  You will be required to submit documentation to verify your life event and spouse/dependents enrolling on the plans.  (Such as a photocopy of the birth certificates, marriage license, final divorce decree, spouse's employer notice of termination of benefits, etc.)  Contact the Benefits Coordinator for details of the documentation required for your specific life event.


    Description: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\MEDIA\CAGCAT10\j0240719.wmf  District 200 Health Plans

    The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that the use of uniform Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for all employer group health plans.  All terms, formats, and examples are the same from one SBC to another, allowing easier comparison of the actual out-of-pocket costs and coverage levels.  The links to the SBC’s for the plans offered to qualifying employees are listed below:

    PLAN YEAR 2017-2018

    Below are the 2016-2017 Plan Year Summary Plan Booklets for the NIHIP BCBS Plans.  

     (NOTE:  2017-2018 Plan Year Summary Booklets will not be available until 2018.)

    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7OJ3D21Y\DoctorSymbol[1].gif BCBS PPO 500, HMO and HDHP 2500 Plans

              Online Access 

    You can also access your account information, look at claims, have your claims emailed to your specified email address, and/or download forms by setting up your account information at www.bcbsil.com.   From the homepage, click on the LOGIN link to the right. In the popup box, click on the REGISTER NOW link and follow the prompts to setup you online access.  You can also register for Blue Access for Mobile and access your BCBS information from your smartphone.

             Benefit Value Advisor Program 
    All BCBS PPO and HDHP 2500 plan participants have access to the Benefits Value Advisor (BVA) program. The BVA program before you schedule a procedure can help give you information you need to make the best decision for your health situations. The BVA can help you compare costs at different hospitals, schedule your surgery, help with pre-certification, and tell you about the other online educational tools that could save you money.    For more information lick on the links below: 
    District 200 offers the PPO 500, HDHP 2500 and HMO medical plans to WWEA members, Administrators, Exempt and non-Union Staff.  (NOTE:  10 & 12 month CEA members working 205 or more days and if hired before 7/1/03:  1:1 Nurses, SEC190 and Student Supervisors are eligible to enroll on the HDHP 2500 medical plan.) For side by side comparison, click on the link below:

    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7OJ3D21Y\DoctorSymbol[1].gif BCBS HMO Plan - Group H00141

    Customer Service: 800-892-2803
    Pharmacy Provider is Prime Therapeutics.

         HMO Q&A Documents: 

    Customer Service:  800-458-6024

    Description: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\MEDIA\CAGCAT10\j0199755.wmfExpress Scripts - Pharmacy/Mail Order Provider for PPO 500 Plan Participants

    Express Scripts (ESI) is the provider for the PPO plan prescription program.  To help control costs, there are three programs in place with ESI.   Click on the links below for details and become familiar with how each of these programs work.  
    Express Scripts Mail Order Prescription Program
    ESI also provides the mail order program for 90 day prescriptions.   By ordering through the mail order program, you receive 90-day supply of medication for the cost of TWO copays.   If you have a generic maintenance prescription and go through the ESI mail order program, you can receive your generic prescription at "0" copay cost to you if you are enrolled on the PPO 500 medical plan.
    You can contact Express Scripts (ESI) Dedicated Member Services at  800-627-9799 for assistance with your prescription needs.


    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\78BVGXK8\thumb-dentist-teeth-tooth-mouth-0-15471[1].gif BCBS DENTAL PLAN - Group Plan #202033 (Eff. 9/1/17)

    The provider for the District’s dental plan is BCBS.  Cards will be mailed to your home withing 7 to 14 days of your enrollment.  


    The BCBS Benefits Summary is an overview of the plans coverage.   For more detailed information, see th BCBS Summary Plan Description (not available at this time).  For dental benefit and billing questions, please contact BCBS Customer Service at 800-367-6401.


    Other BCBS Dental Information:         BCBS Access for Mobile

    BCBS Dental Connection-Locate a network provider

    BCBS DPO Member Flyer


    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LGVYFBEF\eyeglasses[1].jpgVOLUNTARY VISION - VSP (Vision Service Plan)

    VSP does not issue cards for your vision benefit. The VSP Vision Buy-Up Highlight Sheet is an overview of the vision services provided by the plan.  If you go to a VSP provider, your benefits are applied at time of service.  Let the participating provider know that your benefits are with VSP through NIHIP VSP Buy up Plan.  For a listing of area providers, go to the VSP website at www.vsp.com.  You can also contact a VSP customer service representative at 800-877-7195.


    If you go to a non-network vision provider, you must pay your bill and submit your receipt along with the completed VSP Non-Network Provider Claim Form For reimbursement.  Contact VSP Customer Service at 800-877-7195 to receive a claim form.


    Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I8CF611Q\dollar-signs-money-clip-art-thumb2184272[1].jpg FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS - Employee Benefits Corporation (EBC Flex)

    District 200 offers Health Care and Dependent Care (daycare) Flexible Spending Accounts.  The plan year runs from September 1st to August 31st For plan details consult the CUSD 200 FSA Company Plan. If you have questions regarding your existing FSA plan, you can call EBC Flex Customer Service at 800-435-5694.


    Health Care Flexible Spending

    Employees who are eligible to participate in the District 200 health plans can participate in Health Care Flexible Spending whether or not you are enroll on a District 200 health plan.  The maximum deduction for a 12 month plan year is $2600.  


    Dependent Care Flexible Spending

    Employees are eligible to participate in Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Dependent Care FSA is for daycare expenses.   The maximum deduction is $5000 per 12 month plan year.  Keep in mind if your spouse also contributes to a Dependent Care FSA your COMBINED contribution cannot exceed $5000 per calendar year.


    Other important forms and documents:    FSA Online Login Flyer

                                                                               Eligible Expense List

                                                                               Claim Documentation Requirements

                                                                               FSA Claim Form

                                                                               FSA Dependent Care Expense Receipt Form

                                                                               FSA Claims Submission Instructions

                                                                               Flex Spending Direct Deposit Sign-up Form

                        FSA Document Upload Instructions 
                        FSA Online Claims Submission
                        Flexible Spending Summary Plan Description 

     Description: C:\Users\a036163\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I8CF611Q\dollar-signs-money-clip-art-thumb2184272[1].jpg HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT - HSA Bank (for Participants enrolled on the HDHP 2500 Plan)

                CUSD 200 offers a Health Savings Account to all participants enrolled on the HDHP 2500 plan.  (This plan is not available to all CEA members.)  The District makes a $500 contribution to those who have single coverage and $1000 to those who have family coverage.   The CUSD 200 contribution is prorated over your payroll checks.  (NOTE:  Those who enroll late due, will receive the prorated amounts to the end of the plan year.)  
                Employees enrolled on the HDHP 2500 plan can make pre-tax contributions into their HSA.  HSA contributions remain in YOUR account even if you are no longer enrolled in the HDHP Plan or if you terminate employment.  Unlike the FSA's, you do not have to "use it or lose it."  Once your are no longer enrolled on the HDHP plan, you are no longer allowed to make contributions to the account BUT you can still have access to the money to reimburse yourself for out of pocket allowable medical, dental and vision expenses.  Even if you terminate employment, you still have access to the funds in your account.
           Please review IRS Pub 969 and IRS Pub 502 to become familiar with the IRS rules and contribution limits.  Below are documents from HSA Bank to help you become familiar with Health Savings Accounts and HSA Bank processes..

    If you wish to make contributions changes, you can do so by completing the Salary Reduction Agreement form and submitting it to the Benefits Office.   Please consult your Financial Advisor before making changes to your contributions.



    Employees that are NOT enrolled on a District 200 medical plan may be eligible for the District Wellness Reimbursement benefit.


    Full-time WWEA members, per the union contract, and exempt personnel that are not enrolled on a District 200 medical plan are eligible for reimbursement up to $120 per year on routine physical exam services for which you are normally required to pay and/or participate in a wellness program approved by the District Wellness Committee.  Part-time WWEA members shall be allowed to participate in the base wellness program at the Board expense.


    Full-time CEA members, per the union contract, that are not enrolled on a District 200 medical plan are eligible for reimbursement up to $100 per fiscal year on routine physical exam services that you are required to pay, prescription eye care or to participate in a wellness program approved by the District Insurance Committee.


    To receive reimbursement, employees must complete the CUSD 200 Physical Reimbursement form and attach a copy of the itemized bill from the healthcare provider showing the out of pocket expense that was paid.  The completed paperwork is to be submitted to the Benefits Office.  Claims incurred on a fiscal year basis (July 1st through June 30th) and bills received for the previous fiscal year must be received no later than August 15th or the claim cannot be reimbursed. 

    VOYA/Reliastar Term Life Insurance Coverage

    The District provides Board paid term life insurance coverage through Reliastar to qualified employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week. 

    To determine if you qualify for coverage, consult your WWEA/CEA union agreement or employment contract for details.  Please contact the Benefits Coordinator with any questions or to request a copy of the Certificate Rider for your specific plan details for the Group Term Life Insurance Benefit Booklet.

    Beneficiary information can be viewed or added by logging into the online benefits web portal at www.benefitsolver.com.  


     Long Term Disability Insurance Coverage 

    The District offers long term disability (LTD) insurance coverage through Dearborn National to qualified employees who work a minimum of 18.75 hours (or as specified in a union agreement or employment contract). 

    To determine if you qualify for coverage, consult your WWEA union agreement or employment contract for details.  Please contact the Benefits Coordinator with any questions or to request a copy of the Group Long Term Disability Insurance Benefit Booklet.


Last Modified on May 1, 2018