Technology Center of Dupage (TCD)
As District 200 is closed through Spring Break, TCD students will not be allowed to attend TCD. Students are not allowed to drive to TCD or attend TCD at all until District 200 is back in session.
Be on the lookout for an email from TCD and from WWS regarding returning to TCD, hours, dual-credit, etc.
TCD will also post information directly on their website as they receive it.
From Jason Hlavacs, Principal, TCD
As the 2019-2020 school year comes to a close, I wanted to make you aware of a few end of the year items.
Attached to this message, you will find a schedule for curbside pick-up that will begin on Monday, May 11. All belongings that remained is student’s lockers have been bagged up for curbside pick-up. Please come in during your scheduled time if you wish to collect your belongings. Cosmetology Phase 1 students will have a different schedule that will be shared next week to come in and collect their belongings.
Today is the last day that teachers will be posting any new work for students to complete for the year. The only exception to this will be students that are still completing work towards certification. Students need to complete all work to improve their high school grade prior to their last day for their home school. TCD Teachers will still be available to assist students with assignments through May 21, 2020.
TCD will be running cosmetology summer school online for the months of June and July. More details will be sent to all cosmetology students next week.
Any TCD student that was not keeping up with work and maintaining a C or better for their dual credit course(s) was withdrew today. This does not pertain to the high school grade, only for the requirements to receive dual credit.
In some of our programs, students still have some requirements for certification that need to be completed over the summer. The program instructor will be reaching out to the students that need to still complete certification requirements regarding how that can be finished once our Region of the State moves to Phase 3 according to the Governor’s Plan.
From Jason Hlavacs, Principal, TCD
Below is a update of TCD
- We are finalizing a plan for students to return books and equipment to TCD and pick up their personal items as well as materials needed to end the school year soon. We will communicate that as soon as the plan is completed.
- New academic content will no longer be presented to students between May 8th and May 15th depending on the needs of their program. Teachers will communicate this information to their students.
- The last time grade info was sent out prior to the school closing was March 11th. Some student grades may have changed (and lowered) because of grades being entered for assignments with due dates on or before March 13, 2020.
- There are students at TCD on one of 3 grade tracks some students may be on all 3, 2 or just 1).
- Dual Credit – These students still need to complete all assignments and they are recorded as is per the ISBE Remote Learning Recommendations document of March 27th. We have not had any of our dual credit partners change grading from what is in their programs.
- State Licensing students- We also have state licensing programs governed by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR). They have made some changes related to clinical hours and delivery of online content, but they have not relaxed any grading requirements. Students in these programs may still see grades change as far as raising or lowering.
- High school credit only- students who are not included in either of the above categories will have the following grades entered in gradebooks in the following manner:
- All assignments with dues dates on or before March 13, 2020 will be entered as they normally would have been.
- For all assignments with due dates after March 13, 2020 the following will be entered in the gradebooks
- I – incomplete – These will not influence the class grade
- P – Pass – These will be entered for assignments, will not raise the student’s grade in the class
- The actual grade – this will be entered for assignments that were turned in and will only raise the student’s grade.
- There may still be some gradebook cleaning up going on as well. SDS is our SIS and prior to March 13 it would have been used for all aspects of grading. Teachers will now have to keep the High school grade book only in SDS and will keep additional gradebooks for their Dual credit students and or state licensing students as those grading standards have not changed throughout this time. Teachers of students may have entered some grades in SDS that may have lowered the student’s grade in SDS prior to this clarification. These will be cleaned up soon.
Important information for Dual Credit Students
- The drop deadline for most of our dual credit classes has been extended. The teacher will be communicating these deadlines with students. Most of our dual credit comes from COD and we will need a decision from the student regarding their status as a dual credit student by no later than May 6th, 2020. The fact a student’s grade will still fluctuate as a dual credit student during remote instruction they may want or be advised to withdraw if their grade has lowered.
- If s student with draws the gradebook will shift from the dual credit gradebook to the State Licensing or high school grade gook requirements. There may be some instances where a student withdraws from dual credit and still is in the state licensing sequence.
From Jason Hlavacs, Principal, TCD
Here is a remote learning update on what TCD is doing for students. As previously stated, TCD was not set up for this type of teaching and learning. Our attempt at using Google Classrooms is still proving to be a struggle due to a number of technical issues with student devices and multiple sign-ins for different schools. As a result of these struggles, TCD is going to start using the enterprise version of Schoology for our learning management system (LMS). We are currently working with Schoology to have TCD’s platform up and running by next week. Our teachers will be participating in training on Schoology this Thursday April 9th (with follow up training a week later on Thursday April 16th). We are hoping to go live to students with Schoology on Tuesday April 14th. We will be communicating this to students later this week and providing them with login instructions on Monday April 13th. We will send the principals and primary contacts the same info we will be sending students in case they call you for assistance and so you are in the information loop. In the meantime, we will continue to facilitate our classes with our google classrooms between now and April 13. Our teachers and IT Staff are continuing to do their very best to make sure our students get something meaningful during this time period, but we still have a number of students we have not been able to make contact with. A list of these students was created yesterday (4/6) and we will be seeking your assistance in contacting students who have yet to login or cannot be reached by email or phone.
Below are key dates and what is going on at TCD for April as of right now:
- April 6-8 Teachers are to continue providing lessons via Google Classroom
- April 6 TCD instructional staff, teaching assistants, and counselors participated in a zoom meeting that gave an overview of the plans for “Remote Learning Planning Days” (RLPD) on April 9 and 13 (no new content will be posted on these days as teachers will be participating in PD and planning for delivering content on Schoology). This was also communicated with the students on Friday April 3rd
- April 9 is the first of two RLPDs
- April 10 Good Friday is a Non-Attendance day for everyone.
- April 13 is the second of two RLPDs
- April 14-30 Students will resume remote instruction by checking into Schoology. Teachers will have information regarding the facilitation of their classes for the remainder of the remote learning time on their Schoology pages.
From Jason Hlavacs, Principal, TCD
Here is an update on what TCD is doing for students during our “Act of God” days. Prior to last Monday we had 13 google classrooms set up and now we have 47. Our teachers and IT Staff are doing their very best to make sure our students get something meaningful during this time period, but this is all very new to the TCD staff. We may be seeking some assistance in contacting students who have yet to login or can’t be reached by email or phone. I have some highlights below and please let me know if you need anything.
- All course programs will be facilitated through Google Classroom.
- HVAC and Construction - these students are working through a 3 week OSHA. They may have finished the 10 hour certification program, but the instructors have added additional content. They log in to this OSHA program online.
- The EMT and Nurses Assistant programs were already fully implemented in google classroom, so these programs should running smoothly.
- Most of the other programs were not being delivered via google classroom prior to this week, so there are some delays in getting students in. TCD staff are being informed today to make phone calls to any students who are not yet logged into their google classroom portal for their program. This is an issue that may continue this week due to domain whitelists needing to be updated with our domains listed in the sub-bullets. Please check with your tech departments to see if this can or has been done.
- The state has issued a waiver so that all online cosmetology instruction will count for their 1500 practicum hours required for certification. The Cosmetology spring break program will be facilitated online. If students registered and paid for it they will still get those hours as well.
What is TCD?
Technology Center of DuPage (TCD) is the high school’s center for advanced career and technical education. TCD offers solid preparation for fields such as culinary arts, cosmetology, engineering, auto body, and early childhood education and care to name just a few. Available to juniors and seniors, TCD provides 24 career electives and 24 pathways to college/career success. Additional information about TCD can be found on the TCD website, www.tcdupage.org. Questions? Ask you counselor!
TCD Attendance & Bus Information
If you're absent: you must call both TCD (630-691-7529) and WWS (630-784-7203) attendance lines.
If you miss the bus TO TCD: you will remain at WWS for the day. Check in with Mr. Hines in the Dean's office.
If you miss the bus FROM TCD: check in with the Student Services Office at TCD. It is your responsibility to find a ride back to WWS.
Wednesdays: NO LATE START, you will still attend TCD as normal. Bus will leave TCD on the following Wednesdays at 10:25am
- August 29
- September 5, 12, 19, 26
- October 3, 10, 17. 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 28
- December 5, 12, 19
- January 23, 30 (no late start January 9 and 16)
- February 6, 13, 20, 27
- March 6, 13, 20
- April 3, 10, 17, 24
- May 1
Morning Assemblies at WWS: You are required to attend TCD.
Final Exams: Final exam schedules will be posted on the TCD website after the WWS final exam schedules have been announced.
Start and End Days
- First day of TCD- Wednesday, August 21st
- Last day of TCD for Juniors- Friday, May 22nd
- Last day of TCD for Seniors- TBD
TCD Non-Attendance Days
- September 2- Labor Day, no school
- September 20- Institute Day, no school
- October 14- Columbus Day, no school
- November 8- Institute Day, no school
- November 25-29- Thanksgiving Break, no school
- Friday, December 20- TCD is not in session. You may attend WWS in the morning and remain in the library for periods 1-4. Otherwise, you will only attend for your afternoon classes.
- December 23-January 3- Winter Break, no school
- January 13-16- TBD Final Exams
- January 17- Institute Day, no school
- January 20- MLK Day, no school
- February 17- Presidents Day, no school
- February 28- Institute Day, no school
- March 30-April 3- Spring Break, no school
- April 8- TBD Testing Day??
- April 10- no school
- May 22- Last day for Juniors
- May 25- Memorial Day, no school
- May 26-28- TCD is not in session. You may attend WWS in the morning and remain in the library for periods 1-4. Otherwise, you will only attend for your afternoon classes.
- May 29-June 3- TBD Final Exams