Technology Center of Dupage (TCD)
As District 200 is closed through Spring Break, TCD students will not be allowed to attend TCD. Students are not allowed to drive to TCD or attend TCD at all until District 200 is back in session.
Be on the lookout for an email from TCD and from WWS regarding returning to TCD, hours, dual-credit, etc.
TCD will also post information directly on their website as they receive it.
From Jason Hlavacs, Principal, TCD
Here is an update on what TCD is doing for students during our “Act of God” days. Prior to last Monday we had 13 google classrooms set up and now we have 47. Our teachers and IT Staff are doing their very best to make sure our students get something meaningful during this time period, but this is all very new to the TCD staff. We may be seeking some assistance in contacting students who have yet to login or can’t be reached by email or phone. I have some highlights below and please let me know if you need anything.
- All course programs will be facilitated through Google Classroom.
- HVAC and Construction - these students are working through a 3 week OSHA. They may have finished the 10 hour certification program, but the instructors have added additional content. They log in to this OSHA program online.
- The EMT and Nurses Assistant programs were already fully implemented in google classroom, so these programs should running smoothly.
- Most of the other programs were not being delivered via google classroom prior to this week, so there are some delays in getting students in. TCD staff are being informed today to make phone calls to any students who are not yet logged into their google classroom portal for their program. This is an issue that may continue this week due to domain whitelists needing to be updated with our domains listed in the sub-bullets. Please check with your tech departments to see if this can or has been done.
- The state has issued a waiver so that all online cosmetology instruction will count for their 1500 practicum hours required for certification. The Cosmetology spring break program will be facilitated online. If students registered and paid for it they will still get those hours as well.
What is TCD?
Technology Center of DuPage (TCD) is the high school’s center for advanced career and technical education. TCD offers solid preparation for fields such as culinary arts, cosmetology, engineering, auto body, and early childhood education and care to name just a few. Available to juniors and seniors, TCD provides 24 career electives and 24 pathways to college/career success. Additional information about TCD can be found on the TCD website, www.tcdupage.org. Questions? Ask you counselor!
TCD Attendance & Bus Information
If you're absent: you must call both TCD (630-691-7529) and WWS (630-784-7203) attendance lines.
If you miss the bus TO TCD: you will remain at WWS for the day. Check in with Mr. Hines in the Dean's office.
If you miss the bus FROM TCD: check in with the Student Services Office at TCD. It is your responsibility to find a ride back to WWS.
Wednesdays: NO LATE START, you will still attend TCD as normal. Bus will leave TCD on the following Wednesdays at 10:25am
- August 29
- September 5, 12, 19, 26
- October 3, 10, 17. 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 28
- December 5, 12, 19
- January 23, 30 (no late start January 9 and 16)
- February 6, 13, 20, 27
- March 6, 13, 20
- April 3, 10, 17, 24
- May 1
Morning Assemblies at WWS: You are required to attend TCD.
Final Exams: Final exam schedules will be posted on the TCD website after the WWS final exam schedules have been announced.
Start and End Days
- First day of TCD- Wednesday, August 21st
- Last day of TCD for Juniors- Friday, May 22nd
- Last day of TCD for Seniors- TBD
TCD Non-Attendance Days
- September 2- Labor Day, no school
- September 20- Institute Day, no school
- October 14- Columbus Day, no school
- November 8- Institute Day, no school
- November 25-29- Thanksgiving Break, no school
- Friday, December 20- TCD is not in session. You may attend WWS in the morning and remain in the library for periods 1-4. Otherwise, you will only attend for your afternoon classes.
- December 23-January 3- Winter Break, no school
- January 13-16- TBD Final Exams
- January 17- Institute Day, no school
- January 20- MLK Day, no school
- February 17- Presidents Day, no school
- February 28- Institute Day, no school
- March 30-April 3- Spring Break, no school
- April 8- TBD Testing Day??
- April 10- no school
- May 22- Last day for Juniors
- May 25- Memorial Day, no school
- May 26-28- TCD is not in session. You may attend WWS in the morning and remain in the library for periods 1-4. Otherwise, you will only attend for your afternoon classes.
- May 29-June 3- TBD Final Exams