Dear Bower Families,
I can’t believe how fast the school year is going and I hope all Bower families had a nice Winter Break and were able to spend quality time with family and friends.
I want to thank all of you that were able to donate for Christmas Sharing this year. The Christmas Sharing program helps fill a major need in our community and I am very grateful for your support. In addition to all of the clothes, household items, and toys donated, Bower students, families, and staff raised a substantial amount from our coin drive to be used to purchase gift cards for our Warrenville Families.
At this point in the year it seems like a good time to share some reminders:
As we get further into the winter months more and more families are using the car drop of line in the morning and the pick up line in the afternoon. We want to remind you to please follow these procedures to keep the car drop off and pick up running safely and smoothly.
- Please pull down past the crosswalk as far as possible before dropping off. This will allow more cars to pull into the parking lot and create less traffic on River Road.
- Please do not stop in the crosswalk. Pull through if there are available drop off spots in front of the crosswalk.
- If you need to help your child out of the car, please wait until you are able to pull up to the front of the line (beyond the crosswalk). This will help keep the line running and reduce traffic on River Road.
- If you are parking and walking in to the school, please use the crosswalk.
- After dropping off, please drive carefully down to the end of the parking area and turn around the lot. Do not make a U-turn or cut through the parking spaces. We want to be very careful because there could be students in the parking area.
- Remember only right turns are allowed out of the Bower parking lot during morning drop off and afternoon pickup (No Left Turns).
- In the afternoon, if you are picking up your child we encourage you to stay in your car if possible. This will ensure there are less students walking in the parking lot during this very busy time of the day. If you have to get out please use the crosswalk to get your child.
As the weather continues to get colder, please remember that if the wind-chill is above 0 the students will generally be outside for recess and need to dress appropriately.
As I stated in the last Bower Buzz, I would like to thank all of our Bower families and our staff members for being so generous with their time and talents. Everyone is invested in the growth and success of all our children. The mission statement for District 200 is to inspire, educate, challenge, and support all students to reach their highest level of learning and personal development. Within the Bower community, we all work together “inspiring within everyone a passion to excel”.
Thank you for your commitment to all our children.
“Every day, every child in every classroom learns, grows, and feels respected.”