Welcome to Madison Elementary School's Library Learning Center!
Starting in the month of October, students will have the opportunity to take books home from the library. However, the process of checking out books has changed in order to keep everyone safe. Students won't be visiting the library, instead, we will bring the books to their classrooms. Remember, as guidelines change this process may shift as well.
- The student is responsible to handle library resources with care.
- Students should keep materials away from pets, food, and all liquids.
- Book lending period: 3 weeks (books can be returned earlier).
- If a book is damaged, please don’t attempt to repair the book at home
- A fine will only be charged if the book is lost or needs to be completely replaced.
- Encourage sanitation of hands before and after reading.
K-1st grade two books will be checked out to students weekly. Each student will have a library envelope to carry the books to and from home.
2nd-5th grade two books will be checked out and delivered to the student. Each student will select and place a hold on a book via Destiny Discover. When the student returns the book, a new hold can be placed. Please note: we hope to increase the number of holds when we make sure the system works.
MONDAY is book return for all grade levels. Returned books will be quarantined in the library for one week. If Monday is a holiday, return day is on Tuesday.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Happy Reading Mountain lions!
Mrs. Rozo Olaya -Madison LLC Director