STUDENT ABSENCE PROCEDURES
Absences: All students are required by law to attend school every day the school is in session. If a student is to be absent from school, a parent or guardian must call the Hubble attendance line before 8:00am at (630-821-7900). Recorded messages can be left anytime.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and state guidelines, we are closely monitoring all illnesses. When calling your child in absent please state the following:
- your name
- your child’s name
- your child's grade
- if your child has influenza-like illness (ILI) defined as fever (temperature of 100 F or greater) and a cough and/or sore throat in the absence of a KNOWN cause other than influenza; or
- if your child has COVID-19-like illness and/or infection (symptoms include fever, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea)
- if your child is a close contact and is self-quarantining due to exposure to someone with known or suspected COVID-19;
- if your child is absent due to another illness; or
- if your child is absent due to a non-illness and non-quarantine reason
Please indicate when the symptoms started and state your phone number. Please note that siblings of a child with COVID-like symptoms should not be sent to school. Absences due to COVID like symptoms will receive a follow up phone call.
Please note: If a parent or guardian has not notified the school by 9:00AM, the office will attempt to contact you at home, work, or through emergency contact numbers to make sure your child is safe. Please keep all phone numbers current by notifying the main office in writing.
Prearranged Absences: It is understood that students may be absent from school for various reasons beyond their control. Removing students from school for vacation is discouraged; however, it is recognized that some cases are unavoidable. Students who know in advance that they will be absent from school for three or more days are required to complete a Prearranged Absence Form and return it to the Main Office at least 24 hours prior to the absence.
Appointments/Early Dismissals: If you must take your child from Hubble for any reason during the school day, please do the following.
- Call the Main Office at 630-821-7900 between 6:00-7:45AM and tell us the time your student will be leaving. (You may also call the day before the appointment.)
- As your child arrives at school, they will need to stop by the main office and pick up their pass for this departure.
- At this dismissal time:
- The student should show the pass to his/her teacher and proceed to the Main Office to sign out and wait in the office.
- A parent or guardian must come to door #1 and ring the bell. Student will be released once we have verified the parent’s arrival.
4. Upon returning to school, students can sign themselves back into the building and they will receive a pass to return to class.