May 28, 2023
Dear Panthers and Panther Families:
On Friday after school, we had a special gathering to celebrate our four Edison Panther retirees:
- Christine Fritsch, 8th grade resource teacher
- Debbie Kost, 8th grade science teacher
- Rob Kroehnke, PE teacher and coach
- Audrey Uhrin, Attendance Secretary and Registrar
For those of you who are lucky enough to have crossed paths with any or all of these wonderful individuals, you know what an incredible loss this is for our Edison community. Each of them has brought so much passion, dedication, light and love to our school. They will each be missed dearly. If any of these individuals has had a positive impact on you and/or your children over the years, I am certain they would appreciate a note from you as they wrap up their very successful careers as Edison Panthers.
Speaking of wrapping up, we have just three days left of the school year, but still so much going on!
We hope you can get out to the Memorial Day Parade at 10 AM on Monday. The Edison Band will be playing in the parade to honor our fallen service members.
The 6th graders are headed to the Morton Arboretum on Tuesday, May 30, and right after school, the PTA is hosting Panther Palooza! Students should dress for the HOT weather! All events will take place outside from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM. All students are welcome!
On Wednesday, we will be having our Moving On ceremony for our 8th graders at 10 AM. At this time, we are still planning on having it outside, so 8th grade parents and students are encouraged to dress for the very warm weather. Sundresses, nice shorts, polos and sandals are more than appropriate for our 8th graders. Sunscreen is also recommended! 8th grade parents, please be sure to have your child return the note on Tuesday with your plans following the ceremony. Thank you!
Mon., May 29 - Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL!
- Memorial Day Parade, 10 AM
Tues., May 30
- 8th Grade Performance Seminar Final Performance, 1st period in Auditorium
- 6th Grade Morton Arboretum Trip
- Panther Palooza, 3:00-4:30 PM
Wed., May 31
- Moving On Ceremony, 10:00 AM on basketball courts
Thurs., June 1 - Last Day of School!
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE:
Medication pick-up needs to be completed by a parent or designated adult by June 1, 2023.
8TH GRADE DANCE THANK YOUS!!
Thank you to all of the volunteers that donated food or came to help decorate and chaperone! It was a lovely evening for our 8th graders and was one of the best dances yet!
YARD SIGNS FOR 8TH GRADERS
Attention 8th Grade Families: The PTA is doing a yard sign fundraiser. Show how proud you are of your 8th grader as they wrap up their middle school years and prepare to move on to the high school. Click the link or scan the QR code to place your order. You will be notified by AlphaGraphics when your sign is ready for you to go and pick up. https://us260.agstorefront.
PUSHCOIN REPLACING MYSCHOOLBUCKS ON JUNE 5
Pushcoin is District 200’s new payment platform for student fees and meal accounts. Starting June 5, parents/guardians will pay for school fees and fund school lunch accounts exclusively in PushCoin! PushCoin will replace the current MySchoolBucks payment website. MySchoolBucks will no longer be used by the district after June 5. Every family is encouraged to sign up for an account as we are hopeful for as much participation as possible. Please use the attached letter (English) (Spanish) to help you create your family’s accounts. Once PushCoing is live, the district business office will send more communication.
SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS ON SALE NOW
The Edison PTA is once again using SchoolToolBox to sell school supplies for next year. Please follow this link to purchase your students’ customized pre-packaged kit. Ship-to-School boxes will be available until June 18. These orders will be delivered to Edison and conveniently waiting for your student on locker set up day. Any purchase made after June 18 will be shipped to your home instead.
SIGN UP NOW FOR WWS SUMMER FOOTBALL CAMP
WWS Football has camps for middle schoolers and high schoolers. Incoming freshmen interested in playing at WWS are strongly encouraged to sign up for summer football camp. During the summer camp, athletes will learn the fundamentals of the game, learn the offensive and defensive system, and get many opportunities to build relationships with their classmates and coaches. WWS’s summer camp also includes an extensive strength and conditioning program that will help student athletes prepare physically for football. WWS partners with Jeff Richardson at Acceleration Speed for the best training around. Click this link to register.
3 weeks in June – M-Th June 12-15, June 19-22, June 26-29
2 Weeks in July – M-Th July 10-13, July 17-20
There is also a camp for 4th to 8th graders that runs July 17-20. Click here to register.
SUMMER TIGER CROSS COUNTRY CAMP
Hello, Edison Families! This is Emma Maddelein, one of your Edison cross country coaches. I am overjoyed to be coming back for year two next year, especially after the incredible season we had this past fall. It is the time of year to sign up for Summer Cross Country Camp! It is very important that we begin to establish team culture in the summer and get some miles beneath us. Please see the attached flier for details. Join us June & July - Mon/Wed/Fri 7:00-9:30 @ WWSHS REGISTER THIS SPRING HERE!
Some fun stuff:
- Run with the high school athletes and coaches
- Edison specific team bonding
- Be ~miles~ ahead of the competition
- Meet our newest coach, Coach Ben!
- I am so excited to introduce our newest coach who will be alongside Tim Micheau and me. Ben is incredible as he has experience running and coaching at the NCAA DII level at Northern Michigan University.
SUMMER VOLLEYBALL CAMP
Coach Schreier at WWS sent the following information about the WW South summer volleyball camp. Here is the link to register: summer camp registration. For staffing purposes and to give campers the best camp experience possible, please register ASAP. If you have already registered, thank you! Here are the dates and times:
2023 Summer Volleyball Camp Schedule
GVB/BVB Time Slots
CURRENT 6TH & 7TH GRADERS - CARING FOR YOUR CHROMEBOOK OVER THE SUMMER
Current 6th and 7th graders will take their chromebooks home with them over the summer.
- Please ensure that the chromebook is kept in a safe, climate-controlled environment over the summer; this includes the charger and stylus (if applicable).
- Turning off the chromebook when not in use is highly recommended.
- If the chromebook should become damaged over the summer, please fill out a helpdesk ticket.
- Please also consult this list for other general care instructions for the chromebook and how-to use tips.
STUDENTS NOT RETURNING TO CUSD200 FROM ANY LEVEL
If a family plans on not returning to CUSD200 next school year, they must return the chromebook, charger, and stylus (if applicable) to the LLC director prior to June 1. If plans to move happen after June 3, please return all equipment to the School Service Center (SSC) prior to leaving the district.
COMMUNITY EVENTS & RESOURCES
- NAMI Run for the Mind 5K Run/Walk plus 1 mile Color Run & Diaper Dash - NAMI DuPage presents the Annual Run for the Mind 5k Run/Walk, and together with Serenity House and the Prevention Leadership Team, NAMI DuPage will host its first ever Color Run! Join us on Saturday, June 10, 2023 at the DuPage Event Center & Fairgrounds: 2015 Manchester Road, N County Farm Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187. Packet pick-up will be on Friday, June 9, 2023 from 12-7 PM at NAMI DuPage, 115 N County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Volunteers Needed for Cosley Zoo Run Water Stations - Every year the Wheaton Junior Women’s Club hosts water stations for the Cosley Zoo Run. This year, the run is on Saturday, June 3 as part of the Cream of Wheaton, and the Junior Women’s Club is seeking volunteers. The race begins at 7:30 AM with registration between 6-7 AM. Volunteers should arrive by 6:45 AM. This is a fun, easy way to volunteer! Volunteers are welcome to bring friends and family, too. Here is the Signup link: https://runsignup.com/Race/
Volunteer/IL/Wheaton/ CosleyZooRunfortheAnimals. Look for the Water Stations - Wheaton Junior Woman's Club slot. The password is "Junior".
- AMI Summer Music Camp (July 17-21) takes place at American Music Institute's (non-profit org) Clarendon Hills Campus. Beginner through Advanced Camps, Tuition $500, Ages 5-18, all instruments, aftercare available.
- Illinois Girls Lead Program - The Illinois Council on Women and Girls, chaired by Lieutenant Governor Juliana Stratton, invites girls in the state of Illinois in Grades 5-12 to apply for the Illinois Girls Lead Program. The Illinois Girls Lead Program offers participants the opportunity to shadow a woman in state government - including the Lt. Governor or a member of the Illinois General Assembly - in her Springfield office or in her respective district. Participants will observe leadership and public service in action and reflect on their experiences. Learn more about the project and apply on Submittable. Applications are due May 31. If you have questions or need more information about the Illinois Girls Lead program, please contact Leadership and Inclusion Subcommittee Co-Chair Nikita Richards at 872- 588-6130 or email@example.com.
- DEI200 - The latest edition of the DEI200 newsletter is available here: https://dei200.org/monthly-
- Mobile Food Pantries - Each month, the District hosts at least one mobile food pantry at various places in the community that are open to all District 200 families. Mobile food pantries are provided by the Northern Illinois Food Bank and are sponsored by various, generous PTAs and private donors. A complete list of mobile pantries can be found on our website.
- ReferralGPS - This is a service that provides assistance in finding local mental health and substance use related treatment resources. Along with a searchable database of treatment options, ReferralGPS provides Care Navigation to assist families in triage and appointment setting. School district families and staff may access ReferralGPS in two ways: (1) Contact a member of our Student Services Team (social workers, psychologists, counselors) to seek out treatment options, or (2) Visit this link at https://referralgps.com/find-
help/CUSD200 to search for treatment resources or connect with a Care Navigator anonymously.
QUESTIONS? WE’RE HERE TO HELP! JUST GIVE US A CALL!
Registrar, Attendance and Counseling Office: 630-682-2053
- Mrs. Audrey Uhrin, Registrar, Attendance & Counseling Office Assistant
- Mr. Tim Hower, 6th Grade Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Yazmine Smith, 7th Grade Counselor, email@example.com
- Mrs. Chloe Soto, 8th Grade Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Office: 630-682-2050 x3635
- Ms. Christine Chestnut, School Nurse, email@example.com
Athletic Office: 630-682-2050 x3204
- Mr. Jim McAuslan, Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Office: 630-682-2050
- Ms. Nancy Howard, Receptionist
- Mrs. Christine Boyd, Asst. Principal’s Assistant, email@example.com
- *Ms. Lauryn Humphris, Assistant Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Maria McAuslan, Principal’s Assistant, email@example.com
- *Mrs. Rachel Bednar, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please call or copy our assistants on your email to ensure a timely response. Thank you!
Rachel Bednar, Principal
An Edison Panther CARES for self, others, and the community.
Collaborative ● Accountable ● Respectful ● Empathic ● Safe