May 29, 2022
Mon., May 30 Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
- Edison Band Performs in Memorial Day Parade, 9:00 - 11:00 AM
Tues., May 31
- 8th Grade Moving On Rehearsal & Yearbooks
- Panther Palooza, 3:00 - 4:30 PM
Wed., June 1
- 7th Grade Zoo Field Trip
- 8th Grade Moving On Ceremony, 10:00 AM Outside, weather permitting, on basketball courts
Fri., June 3 - Last day of school!
- 6th & 7th graders will receive and have time to sign yearbooks
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ORDERS - Food Service Pre-Order: May 30-June 3
8TH GRADE CHROMEBOOK COLLECTION
We collected Chromebooks and chargers from 8th grade students on Friday, but many students forgot their charger at home. PLEASE remind your student to pack their Chromebook charger for Tuesday. The replacement fee for this item is $30.00 and will be put on their My School Bucks account if it is not returned by June 3rd. Make sure your student hands the charger directly to Mrs. Wentzloff or Mrs. Franz in the library so they can cross your child off of their list! If your student was absent Friday, they should also see Mrs. Wentzloff or Mrs. Franz in the library to return their Chromebook and charger. Please note that all 6th and 7th graders will keep their Chromebooks over the summer, so be sure they are in a safe spot for next year.
8TH GRADE GOLD SHEETS
Thank you to all 8th grade parents who already sent back the gold sheet indicating whether your child will be attending school on June 1, 2 and 3. If you have not yet completed this form, please do so and have your child return it to the office on Tuesday. Thank you!
WWS TIGER SPIRIT WEAR SALE
Some members from the Tiger Paws parent group from Wheaton Warrenville South High School will be selling WWS Tiger Spirit Wear on June 1, after the Moving On ceremony, under the portico.
PANTHER PALOOZA IS TUESDAY, MAY 31 @ 3:00 PM
Please help the PTA by signing up to bring snacks for the students or better yet, sign up to volunteer for the final all school event of the year! Sign up here: https://www.
PTA SEEKING 8TH GRADE MOVING ON VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS
Please click on the link below to donate to the 8th grade gifts and/or Moving On ceremony: https://signup.com/go/qHFcEAp Also, the PTA is asking for 6th or 7th grade parents to volunteer during the ceremony. This is a great way to see how the Moving On ceremony works! Thank you for your support!!
MEDICATION PICK UP
Parents/Guardians: If your child has medication at school, plan to pick it up by the last day of school (Friday, June 3). This includes epi pens, Benadryl, inhalers and medication administered daily. If it is not picked up by the last day of school, it will be discarded. We are not able to send it home with your child. If you have any questions, please call or email the health office.
PERSONALIZED CLASS OF 2022 YARD SIGNS AVAILABLE NOW
Signs may be ordered directly from Alphagraphics and picked-up at their store - 128 N. Main Street, Wheaton. Personalized Signs are $20 each and Generic Signs are $15 each, both include the yard stake.
- Order through this link: https://us260.agstorefront.
- Click on “Products” in the navigation bar at the top of the web page.
- Select Edison School.
- Choose either the personalized sign or the generic grad sign.
- Fill in the name that you would like on the sign. Then click “Refresh Preview.” This will update the sign with the name you entered – you may choose first name, last name, or both. When you are satisfied with your sign, click “Next.”
- On the next page, you will see your sign order. You MUST click “Proof is approved” and then click “Add to Cart.” Be sure to confirm that your sign is spelled correctly. After you approve the proof, no changes may be made.
- Click “Checkout” on the next screen. You will need to set up an Alphagraphics account to complete your order. You will then complete your billing information. This information is only to process the credit card transaction. AlphaGraphics Wheaton will not be storing your contact data.
- You will be contacted by Alphagraphics once your order is ready. You will pick up your personalized sign directly from Alphagraphics at 128 N. Main Street.
- Orders are produced in batches as they come in and usually take 4-5 days between order and phone call.
Questions? Contact Christine at AlphaGraphics Wheaton 630-653-2442. email@example.com
SCHOOL SUPPLY ORDERS 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR - Order your supplies online here: https://schooltoolbox.com/
school-supplies/school/list- boxes/?schoolId=107299. Orders are due by June 12. If you choose to purchase supplies elsewhere, grade level lists can be found on the Edison website: https://www.cusd200.org/ domain/474
REGISTER BY JUNE 30
Very soon, the district will be sending an email with information about registering for next fall. Please complete the process by the end of June. We will send out a summer email about the start of school in late July or very early August. In the meantime, please mark your calendars:
- August 10: Locker Set-Up/Schedule Walk-Through Day!
- 6th graders - 8-10 AM; 7th & 8th graders - 10 AM - noon
- Alternate day - Monday, August 15 from 3-4 PM
- August 17: First Day of School
- August 18 : IDs and School Pictures - Color Portraits will send order forms directly to your homes in August.
- August 25: Curriculum Night, 7:00 PM
- September 1: Taste of Edison / Club Information Night, 7:00 PM
FEE WAIVER UPDATE
Fees for the 2022-23 School Year are posted and are viewable as families register for next year. If your family does not directly certify for a Fee Waiver through the State of Illinois but would like to apply for a fee waiver can do so after July 1, 2022, by completing the form on this page and returning it to their oldest child’s school. Please know that applications for free or reduced price meals are separate from fee waiver applications, and each application needs to be completed individually.
FOOD SERVICE UPDATES
Universal free school meal programs, initially introduced in March 2020 as the pandemic began, are expiring at the end of this school year. Beginning on July 1, 2022, applications for free or reduced priced meals for the 2022-23 School Year will be available on the District website. Families who do not directly certify for free and reduced lunch through the State of Illinois, but would like to apply for free and reduced meals, must complete the Household Eligibility Application (HEA) after July 1. Eligibility for free or reduced meals is only applicable to the year in which the application is submitted. Students who are not approved for free or reduced priced meals through the HEA or are not directly certified as of July 1, 2022 or later, will be charged for meals and food service items beginning the first day of school on August 17, 2022. Please know that this is applicable to all students, even if they qualified for free or reduced priced meals in previous school years. You may check your child’s food service account balance by signing in to your MySchoolBucks account at www.MySchoolBucks.com. If you do not already have an account, you can register for a free account. You will need to know your student’s school and school ID. Once you have logged on, you may check your student’s account balance and/or deposit money into his/her account. The MySchoolBucks program fee is $2.75 for all cafeteria credit/debit card payments. Please know that this fee is a pass through cost and is not kept by District 200. You can also send cash or a check payable to District 200, to school in an envelope marked with the student’s name, ID, and grade.
WHEATON CARE CENTER RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
Once a month the Wheaton Care Center provides a free dinner, groceries, household cleaners, personal care items, and other supplies to the under-resourced in DuPage County. They are open the third Wednesday of each month from 5:00-7:00 PM at Glen Ellyn Bible Church. If you know of a family that you believe could benefit from their services/offerings, please share this information with them: Flyer
WHEATON WARRENVILLE SOUTH FOOTBALL SUMMER CAMP
Football season is just around the corner! Come and have some fun this summer by registering for football summer camp at South. This is for students going into 6th, 7th and 8th grade. If you're a current 8th grader and want to play on the Freshman team, this is a great introduction to football at the high school level. The link below takes you to the registration page. Go Tigers! Football Summer Camp
COSLEY ZOO RUN
Volunteers Needed! The Wheaton Junior Women's Club is staffing the water stations for the Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals on June 4th, and we need your help! Join us from 6:30-8:30am at our water stations to pass out water and cheer on the runners. This is a great way to earn a couple of service hours, too! Sign up here: https://runsignup.com/Race/
Volunteer/IL/Wheaton/ CosleyZooRunfortheAnimals. Find the "Water Station - Wheaton Junior Women's Club" slot and use the password "Junior". Any questions contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
COMED EV RALLY
After a two year COVID hiatus, ComEd is bringing back their big summer STEM event! This year, they are evolving the Icebox Derby to become the EV Rally. Much like Icebox Derby, six teams of young women will work with ComEd mentors to build an EV race cart over four build nights. The event will culminate in a race this summer. The locations for the race as well as the build nights are still being finalized. Each participant who completes the program will receive a $2,000 scholarship and an iPad. The change to a more EV-focused event comes as their company focus is moving more towards clean energy and electric vehicles.ComEd will be recruiting 30 young women, aged 13-18, to participate. They can be in middle school or high school but they must be at least 13 by June 1 and no older than 18 on race day. Young women from anywhere in Illinois are eligible to apply. The date of the big race is Aug. 6. The build nights are July 26 and 28 and August 2 and 4. The race and the build nights will take place in Chicago. Information about the event and the application are available at ComEdEVRally.com.
DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS BASKETBALL SUMMER CAMPS ON SALE NOW
We teach more than just basketball at the DePaul Blue Demons Basketball Camps. We will help kids develop a winning attitude, teamwork, and learn the benefits of always doing their best! Campers will be taught the fundamentals of the game by the DePaul men's basketball players and coaching staff, as well as have the opportunity to play at the legendary McGrath-Phillips Arena.
- CAMPS OFFERED
- DePaul Blue Demons Basketball Camp - June 20-23 (Mon. – Thur.) – Ages 8-17, grades 3-10
- DePaul Mini Blue Demons Basketball Camp - June 27-30 (Mon. – Thur.) - Mini Demons Camp: Age 5 through grade 6
- TIME - 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Daily
- TUITION - $375.00 for each camp
- McGrath-Phillips Arena, housed in the Sullivan Athletic Center on DePaul's Lincoln Park campus, offers three full-sized basketball courts. Our staff will create an unforgettable experience for all camp participants. Located at 2323 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago, Il 60614
Rachel Bednar, Principal
An Edison Panther CARES for self, others, and the community.
Collaborative ● Accountable ● Respectful ● Empathic ● Safe