Welcome to Edison Middle School, Home of the Panthers!
To develop students who will be kind and caring people, responsible and productive workers, and citizens who make a positive difference in the world. (from Formative Five, p. 7)
The mission of Edison Middle School is to cultivate the unique potential of each child in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
- Our first priorities are the safety and educational best interest of each child.
- Our mutual responsibility as parents, teachers, staff, and administrators is to collaborate as partners in the education of each child.
- We encourage student ownership and accountability for learning and personal growth.
- Our curriculum and instruction promotes mastery of rigorous standards, problem-solving, collaboration, and independent thinking.
- We provide opportunities for all students to be successful with grade-level curriculum through the use of technology and accessible materials.
- We acknowledge, value, and encourage diversity as a dynamic strength, beneficial to all.
- Our continuous improvement is based on constant reflection, openness to change, and high expectations for all.
- We challenge each child to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and ethically in order to become productive citizens and life-long learners.
Edison Middle School is home to approximately 700 students in grades 6-8. Our school colors are black and gold and our school mascot is a Panther. Edison Middle School is part of Community Unit School District 200, a public, K-12 District located approximately 30 miles west of Chicago. The District is located in DuPage County and primarily serves the communities of Wheaton and Warrenville, as well as portions of Carol Stream, Winfield, West Chicago, and adjacent unincorporated areas. Whittier, Madison, and Lincoln Elementary Schools feed into Edison Middle School.
Edison Middle School received the Illinois Academic Excellence Award in 2009, 2010, & 2011. Edison has also been awarded the Illinois Blue Ribbon for Health Education for 2006-2009, 2010-2013 and 2013-2018. For more detailed information about our school, click here.
An Edison Scholar CARES for self, others, and the community.
Collaborative ● Accountable ● Respectful ● Empathic ● Safe
Mrs. Rachel Bednar
Miss Lauryn Humphris