Playground Safety Rules - Sandburg School
- Slide one person at a time.
- There is no walking up the slide.
- No one is allowed to throw anything on the slide.
- Always slide down feet first.
- One person swings at a time in a seated position in a forward and backward direction.
- Standing on the swing is not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to jump off a moving swing.
- Take turns inf someone is waiting for a swing.
- No twisting or swinging from side to side.
- Do not walk close to a person swinging.
- Hanging by your knees and jumping to your feet is not allowed.
- Students cannot stand or walk on top of the bars.
- Do not pick people up to reach the bar.
- Do not pull people off of the bars.
4. General Rules
- The game of Tag can only be played in the grass.
- Do not play on or near the bike racks.
- Do not play near or between the sheds.
- Do not pick up or throw any objects: sticks, stones, snow, woodchips, etc.
- Fighting, play fighting, tackling, hitting, pushing, grabbing clothing or any rough play is not allowed.
- All students are required to stay inside the fenced area at all times. If a ball goes over the fence, students need to contact a supervisor to get it. The woods are off limits
- Bats, hard balls and skateboards are not allowed on the playground.
- Students are not allowed to enter the building without permission from a teacher or a lunch supervisor.
- Include all students in your games. Never say "You can't play". Be a friend and ask someone to play with you.
- Listen for the signal, stop and move to the line quickly.
- Do not move any equipment set up for PE during your recess time.