Wheaton Warrenville South Counseling Center
Welcome to the WWSHS Counseling Center's webpage. Our mission is to assist our students in achieving their academic goals, college and career plans, and their social/emotional needs. If you need anything, please contact your counselor listed here.
2nd Semester Schedules have been released
Your 2nd semester schedule is now available in StudentVUE. The following are the ONLY changes that can be made to your 2nd semester schedule:
1) A mistake on your schedule (open period/multiple classes in a single period)
2) A repeated course (for example, you took a summer school course and it is on your schedule)
3) Drop a class for a Study Hall (you must maintain 6 courses for the semester)
4) Level Change (it best to make this change before the semester begins--see your counselor)
***Teacher changes or elective course changes are not allowed.***
Part 2 of Junior Parent Night: College Panel
The Wheaton Warrenville South Counseling Center invites all junior students and parents to Part 2 of Junior Parent Night: College Panel on Wednesday, February 26, 2020. This very informative event starts with college representatives available at 6:30pm in the Commons to answer your individualized questions. At 7:00pm in the Auditorium, we will begin a formal presentation with a college rep Q & A to follow. Topics covered are relevant to all college bound juniors and will include the differences in public vs. private colleges, small campuses vs. large campuses, affordability, the application process, and more. The Counseling Center looks forward to seeing you at this event!
Click this link to submit a question to ask our College Representatives: https://forms.gle/NJCgbmto7TUoaQ3D6
Course Change Policy 2019-20
The deadline to make any changes to course requests was June 7th. The counselors can no longer make changes to the courses for the 2019-20 school year.There are 3 exceptions to this rule:
- Level Changes
- Course Changes: Students can change a class that they are scheduled for but took and passed over the summer, the options are limited to any course where space is available.
- Students can also opt to drop an elective course to a study hall within first 15 days. Student will not be able to drop if they already have a study hall or release period because they must maintain 6 courses. After 15 days they will be dropped with a grade of Withdraw/Fail.
- 2nd Semester Changes: Elective Sequential Changes ONLY
- Must be changed no later than December 1
- New elective selected, as space is available