Academic Excellence Strategies
Implement learning acceleration strategies and programming.
- Adopt and support the implementation of resources in K-8 core
academic areas (math, ELA, science and social studies) that
ensure high-quality instruction for all learners.
- Identify the roles digital tools and a 1:1 environment have in
supporting learning acceleration.
Design and implement a balanced assessment system.
- Implement effective monitoring and assessment tools to measure
progress for academics and social emotional needs of students.
- Leverage data through an equity lens to improve learning for all
- Identify the role technology plays in implementing a balanced
Develop implementation resources aligned with our Portrait of a Graduate.
- Identify competencies, benchmarks, and instructional
guidance for each descriptor - collaborator, communicator,
problem-solver, resilient learner.
- Identify digital tools that are aligned to support each descriptor.
- Identify how an innovative 1:1 environment can create
opportunities for students to increase their exposure to
Expand programming to prepare students for a full range of
- Expand dual credit opportunities and Transitional Math and
- Elevate the number and diversity of students participating in early
college coursework through a systematic recruiting process.
- Develop an extensive Career Pathways Program including
expanded opportunities, endorsements, a review of graduation
requirements, and a review of middle school electives to align
with Career Pathways.
- Increase the number of blended learning offerings at both high
Develop a comprehensive professional learning program and
support system for staff.
- Create a vision for instructional coaching.
- Review the coaching program and staffing at all levels.
- Recognize and plan for professional learning within all
academic excellence and social emotional learning strategies.
- Develop a professional learning program to support new
Support the social and emotional needs of students.
- Ensure school connectedness for all students through clubs,
activities, co-curricular programming, and relationship
- Implement social emotional learning (SEL) programming aligned
with our SEL framework components of emotional wellness,
behavior wellness, learning, relationships, and mindset.
- Utilize assessment and screening data to differentiate
support for students based upon need.
Our goal is to meet or exceed targeted
measurable objectives on this strategic plan.
The District’s interactive dashboard can be
found at cusd200.org.
Operational Excellence Strategies
Address facilities projects identified in the Facilities Master Plan.
- Develop a plan for adding more innovative and flexible spaces
for learning that align with the Portrait of a Graduate.
- Develop a plan to address facility needs at 3 of the 4 middle schools.
- Implement a capital facilities improvement plan consistent with
the Sherman Dergis policy.
- Implement an elementary playground replacement plan.
- Develop and implement a Library Learning Center renovation
plan at all levels.
Maintain strong fiscal health of the organization.
- Maintain a balanced budget on an annual basis.
- Align financial and human resources to the strategic plan.
- Maintain District performance in key financial metric areas.
- Ensure all District contracts meet financial, operational, and
Develop and maintain robust technology systems.
- Annually assess the stability and security of District
- Regularly evaluate digital tools and subscriptions to ensure they
are meeting the needs of the school system and are aligned
with strategic work.
- Ensure comprehensive data systems are accessible and usable
Engage our community on an ongoing basis to determine its
priorities, foster partnerships, and promote learning.
- Continuously engage all stakeholders by communicating
- Provide the community with a “window” into schools by
utilizing the voices of our students.
- Maintain active engagement with all of our municipalities and
key community partners.
- Conduct a communications audit to ensure that all District 200
stakeholders are being informed and engaged.
Hire, develop and retain diverse, high-quality staff.
- Actively recruit a diverse pool of candidates.
- Maintain competitive wages.
- Proactively address staff shortage and workforce needs.
- Implement a “Grow your Own” teacher career pathway.
- Actively support dual credit certification for secondary teachers.
Maintain and enhance a positive organizational culture.
Regularly monitor the 5 Essentials Survey satisfaction feedback
and plan accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with first responders and community partners
through the Safety Committee to update and enhance our school
- Regularly conduct an employee morale and engagement
survey to ensure a continuous improvement cycle.