Before and After School Program (BASP)Our thirteen elementary schools in District 200 offer a Before and After School Program (BASP) as a service to parents of students in kindergarten thru fifth grade who attend that school. Each program has a director and, depending on the enrollment, additional staff may also be part of the program. General information regarding the program is listed below. For individual school information, please contact your child’s school.
The hours of operation for all programs is 7:00 am- 9:00 am (beginning of the school day) and 3:30 pm (end of the school day)-6:00 pm.
- The cost of the program is $9.50 per session. There are two sessions each day: morning and afternoon. The cost of having a child in both sessions is $19.00 per day. There are no family member discounts.
- There is a one time, non-refundable family registration fee of $50.00.
- Children who are in kindergarten through 5th grade and attend an elementary school in District 200 are eligible to register in their school’s Before/After School Program.
- Kindergarten: BASP is only offered before and after school. Kindergartners who attend school in the morning may sign up for BASP-AM; kindergartners who attend in the afternoon may sign up for BASP-PM. Full day kindergartners will have access to both AM & PM at the school where they attend kindergarten. There is no program available for half day kindergartners during regular school hours.
- You may register your child for the sessions that fit your daycare needs. A child may attend all sessions, morning sessions only, afternoon sessions only, or any combination. The program is available for any student who attends the school. There are no waiting lists for participants. Please note that enrollment in BASP is for consistent child care.
- Because we offer flexible scheduling, please remember that when you register your child for specific sessions, you are reserving a place for him/her in the program and will be charged accordingly. Should you need to change your child's schedule, please contact the BASP Director at your school and make the appropriate arrangements. Please notify your BASP Director directly regarding non-attendance of registered sessions due to illness, etc.
- We currently do not offer online registration. BASP registration packets are available in the school office, or you may download the required forms here (Registration, Health & Emergency, Behavior Contract and Parent Statement of Understanding) or click on the "Required Registration Forms" link on the left. Your child is considered registered for the program when the completed forms and the $50.00 registration fee have been turned in to the BASP Director at the school. All communication after registration should be between the Director and the parent.
- The BASP Parent Handbook will answer many of your questions and familiarize you with all of our procedures. The Handbook may be found at the link on the left or by clicking here.
Full Day BASP
Friday, September 21, 2018Friday, November 9, 2018Friday, January 18, 2019Friday, March 1, 2019(*Note: BASP will not be available on Monday, August20th and Tuesday, August 21st)
- The BASP program is offered all days school is in session.
- Extended full-day care is offered on the following Teacher Institute/Work days once school is in session:
Note: Although all children enrolled in D200 BASP may participate in the Full Day activities, please be aware that only certain sites will be open on those days. Please check with the BASP Director at your child's school for further details.
- The cost is $31.00 for the full day (covering hours between 9:15 - 3:30). Normal session fees apply for the hours between 7:00 - 9:15 am and 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm. There may be an additional charge for special field trips on full days.
- BASP is CLOSED during Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
District BASP Directorsusan.email@example.com
Last Modified on July 5, 2018